You spent a long time designing and building your deck. Now it’s time for you to take care of it. Protecting your deck from the elements is one of the most important things you can do to help maintain it. A wood sealant or stain is the best way to keep your deck in good shape. While the aesthetics are important, there are many other reasons to protect your deck as well. Here are just a few of the many.
- It enhances the grain in the wood without taking away from the appearance.
- It helps to waterproof and harden the wood. This will slow down the effects that rain and humidity can have on your deck.
- It will help to slow any damage that mold and fungus might do.
- It will keep your wood from warping, cracking, and weathering at a rapid rate.
- Your deck will look fresh and new for much longer than without it. Protecting the wood helps it to retain its color for a longer period of time.
- It will keep the integrity of your deck intact for longer.
- It will create a nonslip surface.
- It acts as a primer that is better underneath varnish, paint, and stain.
However, not all deck protection is created equal. The best way to ensure you are getting quality protection is to choose a quality product. Sealmaxx carries top-of-the-line products that are designed to increase the longevity of the wood in your deck. Here are just a few of the reasons you should choose Sealmaxx to protect your deck.
- It is environmentally safe. You don’t have to worry about the seal killing the grass beneath your deck or harming your pets and children.
- It works on all types of woods, even woods that have been previously stained and sealed.
- The wood on your deck will maintain its color for longer.
- It is fire retardant. If an ash or spark from the grill falls onto the wood, you won’t have to worry. Your deck is protected and won’t go up in flames.
- It will harden and densify the wood, making it more difficult for water to seep through.
- Sealmaxx stains can be added right on top of the seal. It will provide an additional level of UV protection against the sun and can last for up to 5 years.
With the right protection and product, there is no reason why your deck shouldn’t last for years. If you have other questions regarding sealants or stains, please call Sealmaxx of Rochester and we would be happy to assist you.